What you need
- 4 craft sticks (4 1/2" x 3/8")
- 1/4" wooden dowel (10 1/2" long)
- chipboard or sturdy cereal box
- black and/or silver acrylic paint (depending on what colors you want)
I used black and silver
- Acrylic sealer
- Elmer's glue
- hot glue gun
- 2 small nails (optional, but recommended)
How to make the music stand
1. Cut 2 pieces of chipboard 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" and glue together, let glue dry.
2. Cut 2 pieces of chipboard 5/8" x 5 1/2" and glue together, let glue dry.
3. Glue piece from step 2 at a 90 angle to piece from step 1 along the long side
Sorry I forgot to take pictures on the first few steps
Here is it already painted
4. Round corners if you want
5. Paint black, let dry. Then seal with acrylic sealer.
6. Take 2 of the craft sticks and mark the center
7. Take a craft sticks and cut in center, then remove half your width on both cut sides.
Repeat for second craft stick.
The following pictures are from my IV stand tutorial
but the principle is the same,
Just that the craft sticks for the music stand are a little smaller.
8. Take whole craft stick and 2 halves and glue halves on either end,
Repeat for the other one.
9. Take both finished sticks and glue them onto each other forming a cross.
10. Paint the finished cross black and seal with acrylic sealer
11. Cut the dowel at an angle on one end, this is the angle the music stand top will have,
where the sheet music rests.
You can also cut the dowel shorter if you want the stand to be lower, e.g. sitting.
12. Paint dowel silver and seal with acrylic sealer
13. Glue and nail dowel onto center of cross.
11. With hot glue gun glue center of music stand top to dowel,
Additionally attach top to dowel with small nail if possible for extra strength
You are done !!!