What you need
- flannel for lining
- yarn in 3 complementary colors (I used Carron Simply Soft)
- pointed needle for the yarn
How to make the hat1. Download pattern here.
For home use only, this is copyrighted by me, Read Creations !!!
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
2. Cut 1 piece on fold from fleece and 1 piece on fold from flannel liner
3. Sew along side and top and other top side where indicated in red
4. Open up and re-fold aligning the seams, sew along top, see red mark
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for fleece
6. Turn flannel liner right side out and align inside fleece (right sides together)
7. Sew around bottom, leaving a 1" opening at the back
8. Make small cuts along the rim (make sure you don't cut through the thread)
Make slits on inside curves and cut triangles from outside curves
9. Turn right side out through opening on back
10. Hand-stitch around bottom with yarn.
Cut a small round hole where indicated in red on pattern on both sides.
Cut 4x 22" pieces of yarn of each color
Thread 2 pieces of each color through hole and braid for about 2", tie off and cut leftover yarn.