What you need for the skirt part
- 4 way stretch fabric (dance fabric)
- 5/8" wide FOE (Fold Over Elastic) (9" for skirt)
- piece of paper to make pattern
- compass for the circles
How to make the leotardSee instructions here on how to make the leotard and the supplies needed
How to make the skirt1. Take the piece of paper and draw 2 half circles with the same center.
First circle with a radius of 1 1/2"
Second circle with a radius of 4"
2. Mark the two ends as going on fold
3. Cut pattern from paper then cut fabric. You would have a ring, if you cut it correctly
4. Mark the quarter points on the inside circle
5. Take the FOE and sew the short ends together to form a circle
6. Mark the quarter points on the FOE circle and line up with markers on dress
7. Sew FOE on dress with zigzag stitch, I folded mine but you can leave it flat too.
8. Instead of attaching the FOE you could just sew the circle dress onto the leotard
for a permanent skirt.
Make sure you put right sides together and dress hides seam when down.
You are done !!!