See my other School tutorials
What you need
- Re-usable shopping bag (got mine at the Dollar store)
- Self adhesive velcro
How to make the bagThis bag will hold the binder, computer, book, folders and pencils.
1. Download free pattern here.
This pattern is for private use only, this is copyrighted by me, Read Creations !!!!
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
2. Remove the trim from the bag carefully, you will reuse it later
The picture below shows the bag with the pieces and trim removed.
4. Cut a 12" x 1 1/2" strip from bag. This will be part C
5. Cut a 18" piece from handle which will be part D.
6. Sew trim to top of part A
7. Sew trim to both short sides to part C
8. Sew part C to part A with a 1/8" seam, then trim this seam.
9. Sew part AC to part B with a 1/8" seam.
Then trim all around part B, starting on the bottom.
10. Take part D and undo stitching, cutting it to 2" wide. Refold to be 3/4" wide
(Keep the center fold, then fold in long sides by 1/4"), top stitch both sides.
11. Attach part D to bag's sides.
12. Attach velco to flap and bag
You are done !!!
Return to School tutorials