See my other School tutorials
What you need
- Elmer's glue for books
- Clear self-adhesive vinyl cover (optional for book)
- Parchment paper or similar to keep book pages from sticking together
How to make the pagesTo help my daughter practice math I went to www.education.com and selected her grade and subject and downloaded 9 different exercises (pdf format)
In order to be able to print these 9 pdf files on one page, I merged the 9 pdf files into 1 pdf file.
For that, I downloaded this awesome free program PDF fill and merged the 9 pdf files into 1 file as described below.
1. Click on Merge PDF Files
2. Click on Add a PDF file and select the 9 pdf files that you downloaded
Next open the merged PDF file in Adobe Reader and print the merged file (make sure you select 9 pages per sheet). You can even print the page boarders, which will help you cut later (just below where you select the pages per sheet).
You can use these sheets in a folder (see my folder tutorial) or if you want, you can punch 3 small holes and use in a binder (see my binder tutorial) or make a book (see below).
How to make the books
1. Stack the pages together and add a blank page in the front and back.
I also added a table of content (make sure the empty pages are on the outside)
Hold with binder clips together.
2. Then add liberal amount of glue on left side,
Bend the pages a bit to get the glue slightly between the pages.
3. Create your own cover (as high as the pages and 2x + thickness of book wide)
Optionally cover the cover with clear self adhesive vinyl.
4. Create straight fold lines by folding over a metal ruler or similar.
5. Glue cover to the front and back blank pages.
Put parchment paper or similar between blank pages and book to prevent glue
sticking to the other pages.
Weigh with heavy books. Let glue dry.
You are done !!!
Return to School tutorials