See my other hospital item tutorials
What you need
- freezer zip lock bag (or other clear sturdy plastic)
- clear elastic jewelery thread or thick fishing line (about 1.3mm)
- hot glue gun
- Acrylic Water (got mine at Walmart)
- Elmer's glue (optional)
- 4 Jumbo craft sticks
- 5/8" wooden dowel (18" long)
- 2 small nails
- small eyelet (optional)
- metallic colored paint (optional)
How to make the IV bag1. Take a piece of paper and draw the outline of your IV bag.
Mine was 3 1/4" high and 2" wide as you can see below
2. Cut open your Ziplock bag along one seams and lay one side over your drawing.
3. Lay piece of jewelery thread or fishing line onto the Ziplock bag at the bottom,
where the IV line will come out (mine has blue sparkles so you can see it better)
4. Put a bead of hot glue on the outline of the IV bag.
Make sure you leave the top open !!!
5. Take the other Ziplock bag piece and press it onto the glue.
6. After glue has cooled, fill IV bag with water to check for leaks. Fix any leaks.
7. Empty water and dry IV bag, then fill the IV bag 2/3 with acrylic water,
hang it up, the way the bag will be hanging and let acrylic water set (24 - 48h)
8. After acrylic water has cured glue the top seam together
9. Create a little hole in the top and strengthen with eyelet (optional)
10. If you want you can put a small glop of hot glue about 1/3 down around the IV line.
This can be the switch.
How to make the IV stand1. Take a craft sticks and cut in center, then remove half your width on both cut sides.
Repeat for second craft stick.
2. Take whole craft stick and 2 halves and glue halves on either end,
Repeat for the other one.
3. Take both finished sticks and glue them onto each other forming a cross.
4. Glue and nail dowel onto center of cross.
5. Bend nail in the middle at 90 and nail into top of dowel. This is where the IV bag will be hanged.
6. Paint silver if you want
You are done !!!
See my other hospital item tutorials for American Girl dolls