What you need
- 1/4 yrd of velvet fabric (or crushed velvet fabric)
- 1/3 yrd metallic or other special occasion fabric
- 1/3 yrd liner fabric
How to make the Dress1. Download free Liberty Jane Tank Top pattern
2. Cut the neck line pattern a little bigger and cut 1 1/4" off the bottom hem on the pattern.
Then follow tank top instruction for assembly. Just don't finish the bottom hem.
3. Cut a rectangle 9 1/2" x 43" (or whatever width fabric is) from metallic/special occasion fabric
Cut a rectangle 9 1/2" x 43" from liner.
4. Double hem the long side of the metallic/special occasion fabric (1/4" up then another 1/4" up)
5. Double hem the long side of the liner fabric
6. Sew gathering stitches on other long side of metallic/special occasion fabric and gather to length
of tank top hem (all around from back to back)
Repeat for liner fabric
7. Layer metallic/special occasion fabric and liner fabric and sew to bottom of unfinished tank top.
Make sure you have Tank top and metallic/special occasion fabric right sides together, then liner.
8. Sew short ends of metallic/special occasion fabric right sides together.
Repeat for liner.
You are done !!!