Here is my pattern for a hospital gown.
Click here to download pattern
This pattern is copyrighted by me, Read Creations.
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
Instructions on how to make the gown (all seams are 1/4")Cut out all pattern pieces and tape together part A and B along the blue line, same for part C with D.
Cut 1 piece on fold of part A/B (the front) and 2 pieces of part C/D (the back). Then follow the sewing instructions below.
1. Sew shoulders together
2. Double hem both sleeves
3. Double hem back centers
4. Cut 20" of 1/4"double folded bias tape
5. Find center in front gown piece (A) and center of bias tape, mark each with a needle
6. Fit bias tape on neck opening matching the two needles (your bias tape should be centered on neck and about 5" should extend on either side for tying the gown)
7. Sew bias tape on
8. Sew both sides together
9. Double hem bottom
You are done !!!
Now the wrist band1. Print the doll's name and birth date in font size 6 or 7 (I used 6)
2. Add a barcode underneath, also size 6 or 7
(I use one that is called free 3 of 9, you can download it here (download free barcode font)
3. Cut it down to 4" x 1/2"
4. Put tape on both sides
5. Cut additional tape off
6. Take another little piece of tape to tape it around your dolls wrist (now it can be easily removed and reattached)
You are done !!!!
See also how to make a syringe and a stethoscope for American Girl Doll