See my other beach item tutorials
What you need
- 4 way stretch lycra or spandex
- 5/8" fold-over-elastic (foe), about 1 yrd
How to make the bikini1. Download free pattern here.
For home use only, this is copyrighted by me, Read Creations !!!
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
If you want the shorter bikini top, cut 1" off the bottom of both top sections.
2. First we are going to do the pants.
Sew foe around leg openings, pulling tighter on the butt side and less tight in the front
3. Fold right sides together and sew along one side.
4. Sew foe around top, pulling slightly.
5. Sew other side
Your pants are done !!!
6. Now the top. Sew shoulder right sides together
7. Sew foe along neck and arm opening, pulling slightly
8. Fold right sides together and sew on side seam
9. Fold bottom 1/4" up and sew, trying not to pull the fabric
10. Fold right sides together and sew other side seam.
11. Cut a 4 1/2" strip of foe and sew together for strap
12. Determine position of strap and sew in place in front and back
(about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" from side seam)
You are done !!!
Return to see other beach items.