See my other beach item tutorials
What you need
- flexible cutting board (got mine at Walmart, came in a set with 3 different colors)
- duck tape, color of your choice
How to make the fins1. Download free pattern here
Remember to set page scaling to none.
For Home use only, this is copyrighted by me, Read Creations !!!!
2. Cut out the right and left fine from flexible cutting board.
3. Optional, cut one of the soles from cutting board, this will make cutting the soles from duct
tape a lot easier
(you can flip it over to use for the other foot)
4. Fold flaps flaps up, following the side line of the fins. I used a ruler to get a straight fold
5. Take a piece of duck tape, align along the fold and tape on the inside of the flaps and cut
Repeat for other side.
6. Take template from step 3 and tape with one piece of duck tape and cut out template.
This should give you a nice cut.
7. Peal duck tape sole off template and tape on the inside of fin
(make sure you have the correct foot)
8. Fold up flaps and overlay slightly and tape on the inside with a scrap duck tape piece
9. Take a big duck tape piece and cover the whole top. Make sure your seam on top is flat.
10. Cut duck tape level with sole and cut the top to be about 1/4" longer than flap.
Cut slits up to the flap and fold towards flap
11. Repeat steps 4 - 10 for other fin.
12. Cut a 3 3/4" piece of duck tape and cut in half lengthwise
13. On one of the strips fold up one third, then fold down the top to form a strap.
Repeat for other strap.
14. Take a little scrap piece of duck tape and tape both ends of strap to fin.
Repeat for other fin.
14. Now you could add more decoration if you want
You are done !!!
Return to see other beach items.
Wow that is awesome, I have never seen a tutorial for these! :DReplyDelete
that was my problem too, that's why I wrote it. I am still trying to figure out how to make a mask that is sturdy enough. Snorkel tutorial is coming soonReplyDelete
Yay! I so excited! :DReplyDelete
AFTER SEEING THE FINS I ATTEMPTED A MASK. I USED AN EMPTY CRYSTAL LIGHTReplyDelete
CONTAINER. THEY HAVE AN OVAL SHAPE. I USED THE LID TO MAKE THE MASK PART, I CUT OUT THE CENTER LEAVING A LITTLE AROUND THE EDGE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO GLUE A CLEAR PIECE OF PLASTIC. I CUT ABOUT AN INCH OR SO FROM THE TOP OF THE CONTAINER AND TRIMMED THE TOP AND BOTTOM TO CURVE IN FOR THE FOREHEAD AND NOSE ARE. I COVERED THE SIDE OF THE MASK WITH DUCT TAPE AND CUT A PIECE FOR SCRAPBOOK PAPER THAT MATCHED THE TAPE TO PUT ON THE MASK PART. I AM GOING TWO SLITS IN THE SIDE FOR ELASTIC FOR THE STRAP. I HAVE SOME STORE BRAND CONTAINERS THAT HAVE NOT QUITE AN OVAL SHAPE BUT WILL ALSO WORK. LOVE YOUR IDEAS.
That sounds great. I love the idea.Delete
Thanks! I <3 your crafts!!ReplyDelete