See my other free Harry Potter tutorials
What you need
- Fabric in the house color, you can paint stripes diagonally, if you want
- Gryffindor: red fabric, stripes gold
- Ravenclaw: blue fabric, stripes bronze
- Slytherin: green fabric, stripes silver
- Hufflepuff: yellow fabric, stripes black
How to make the tieI am going to cheat here. Ties are normally not made that way, but I wanted to make it easier.
1. Cut a strip of fabric 2" wide by 19" long. Fold fabric along the length in half (you should
2. Paint stripes in a 45 angle if you want, before you fold fabric. After paint is try, fold fabric
with painted side facing inwards.
3. On one end measure 3/4", creating point A on the other end measure 5/8", creating point B
Cut in a straight line between those points.
4. Sew between point A and B with a 1/4" seam
5. Open and center seam in the middle. Iron seam apart.
6. Sew tip of tie on wider end as a triangle, clip corners
7. Turn right side out and finish narrower end. Iron.
You are done !!!
Return to Harry Potter Collection