See my other free Harry Potter tutorials
What you need
- fabric (at least 40" x 8")
- thread and pins
- velcro or sew-on snap
How to make the skirt1. Cut a rectangle 40" x 6" for the skirt and a rectangle 1 1/2" x 12" for waist band.
2. Fold skirt rectangle with 3/4" pleats (leave 1 1/2" at the beginning), pin in place and iron in place
3. Sew along the top just less than a 1/4"
4. Fold together to get 11" in waist but make sure the pleats match and form a continuing pleat
pattern. Open the last pleat and sew along the inside fold line.
5. Sew together but leave top 2" (sew where red line is)
6. Add waist band along top on wrong side of skirt, right side of waist band facing wrong side
7. Fold over onto right side of skirt and fold waist band in about 1/4". Sew 1/8" from edge.
Tuck in ends on both ends to form a finished end.
8. Hem bottom of dress (fold in 1/8" then another 1/8")
9. Add sew-on snap or velcro
You are done !!!
Return to Harry Potter Collection