What you need
- 1/2" wooden dowel 7" long or a pencil with a holographic design
- 1/2" x 3/4" furring strip 2 1/2" long (same as I used to make the beach chair)
- chip board or heavy cereal/cookie cardboard
- black acrylic paint
- silver or gold acrylic paint
- gloss acrylic sealer
- hot glue gun
- Elmer's glue
- holographic wrapping paper (if you are not using the pencil)
How to make the trophy
2x 2 1/2"
1x 1 1/2" (or whatever is left of your pencil)
2. If using the wooden dowel, wrap the 3 pieces in holographic wrapping paper and glue.
3. Cut a star or other shape from chipboard (about 1 1/2" in diameter) for the top.
Paint with gold or silver acrylic paint and seal with acrylic sealer.
4. Cut 2 pieces 3/4" x 2 1/2" from chipboard and glue together
5. Paint furring strip piece and glued chipboard piece with black acrylic paint.
6. After paint has dried, seal with acrylic sealer
7. Use hot glue gun and glue the two 2 1/2" dowel (pencil) pieces to the furring strip.
Leave about 1/4" on either end of the furring strip.
8. Glue the chipboard piece on top of the dowel (pencil) pieces
9. Center the 1 1/2" dowel (pencil) piece on the chipboard and glue.
10. Glue star on top
You are done !!!
See my other free Gymnastic tutorials