See my other beach item tutorials
What you need
- 1/8" plexiglass (acrylic glass) sheet (got mine at Home Depot)
- clear plastic binder or poly binder or flexible cutting board or similar
- colored plastic binder or poly binder or flexible cutting board (e.g same as fins)
- 1/4" elastic or clear elastic strap
- hot glue gun
- coping saw (to cut plexiglass with)
- Sculpey or FIMO
- vegetable oil
How to make the mask1. Download free pattern here
Remember to set page scaling to none.
For home use only !!!!!
2. Cut out lens pattern from plexiglass
3. Cut out side pattern from poly binder
4. Lay lens on silicone mat and glue side to lens with hot glue
Leave lens on mat that way you will have a nice straight finish in front
5. Draw outline of mask onto colored cutting board or binder and make a rim, then cut.
6. Take FIMO or Sculpey and form a nose part, bake according to manufacturer directions.
7. After Sculpey has cooled, cover with vegetable oil, then cover with hot glue.
On a silicone mat would be best for this.
Let hot glue cool, then remove Sculpey nose.
Cut hot glue nose to fit mask and glue with hot glue to mask.
8. Glue rim to mask lens.
9. Cut slits in side of mask and attach elastic string.
You are done !!!
Return to see my other beach item tutorials