Return to Medieval/Renaissance or Viking overview
What you need
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup flour + some extra for hands and table
- 1/4 cup water
- some cinnamon for darker color (optional)
- piece of parchment paper
- baking sheet and oven
How to make the Bread
- Mix salt and flour in a bowl.
- Slowly add water while mixing until you have a dough like consistency.
- To get the darker color, add some cinnamon in the dough (either the whole dough or just part of it).
- Use additional flour for hands and table and knead though thoroughly.
- Form small balls and flatten and put on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Make smaller and larger ones
- To make the breads, leave in larger ball and cut top surface with a knife with a couple of vertical and horizontal cuts.
- Leave over night to dry.
- Bake at 300F/150C for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool and spray with a mat sealer.
The amounts stated above were able to create all of these:
Thank you for that tutorial. I was thinking that to make the bread "browned" I might lightly dust a few with some powdered pastel then seal it.Such a fun idea!ReplyDelete
Question... how did you make the little snood type accessories the above doll is wearing in her hair? Those are really cute and I'd love to have something like that for my doll's medieval outfit. Thanks much!ReplyDelete