What you need
- 3g clear lip balm container (found mine on ebay)
- Acrylic water (optional) or clear school glue as growth medium
- Acrylic paint or dye (optional) to color growth medium
- Puff paint (to create the growing bacteria and such)
How to make the Petri Dish
- Either mix acrylic water (parts A and B) according to manufacturer's instructions or take clear school glue and optionally mix a little bit of yellow or red acrylic paint in it (not much, you just want a hint).
- Pour a small layer into lip balm container. I only used the lid of the container, but you can use the bottom part, if you want to be able to close it later. This will be your "growth medium".
- Take your puff paint (you can use multiple colors) and dot and streak across the "growth medium". Let dry.