What you need
- 1 yrd of light linen or light costume fabric
- either 1 set of Hook and Eye Size 3 or
- about 20" of 3/8" ribbon
My Medieval Dress pattern is available for purchase at PixieFair.
How to make the cape1. Download my free pattern here
This pattern is copyrighted by Read Creations and is for private use only.
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
1. Take fabric and fold in half, then fold in half the other way
2. Draw a circle with a radius = 1 3/4" around the corner that is on fold in both directions
as the neck opening.
3. Draw a second circle with a radius = 15 1/2" around the same corner.
4. Open fabric circle that was just cut and cut and remove 1/4 of it.
5. Take hood and fold right sides together.
Sew around back side of hood with a 1/4" seam.
6. Fold open and align neck line of hood with neck line of cape, right sides together.
Pin in place and sew with 1/4" seam.
7. Either hem with a 1/4" seam or a double hem (folded 1/8" then folded again 1/8" or a little more)
all around the front of the cape and the front of the hood in one hem.
8. Either hem with a 1/4" seam or a double hem(folded 1/8" then folded again 1/8" or a little more)
all around the bottom of the cape.
9. Either add a hook and eye clasp or a ribbon on either side of the neck opening on the cape,
around 3/4" down from the neck seam.
You are done !!!