April 16, 2014

Reversible Horse Blanket for American Girl Doll



What you need

  • 1/2 yrd flannel of either one or two colors
  • small piece of vecro or snap

How to make the horse blanket

1. Download pattern here

    For private use only, this is copyrighted by me, Read Creations !!!
   Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
    All seams are 1/4" if not specified otherwise

2. Cut a 1 1/4" x 1 1/2" rectangle from outer and liner
    Sew 3 sides right sides together, leaving a short side open
    Cut corners off, just don't cut the thread

3. Turn right side out, top stitch

4. Cut 1x liner and 1x outside blanket from pattern, put right sides together
    Put flap from step 3 between the two blanket layers on the front.
 

5. Sew all around, just leave a 2" gap to turn
    Cut small slits into the inside curves and little triangles on the outside curves.
    Just make sure not to cut the thread

6. Turn right side out, top stitch all around

7. Add soft velcro piece to flap and hard velcro piece to opposite part of blanket

You are done !!!

9 comments:

  1. Fun!!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for this evening that links to your pattern:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-reversible-horse-blanket-for-an-american-girl-horse/2014/04/17/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the cool pattern, I just made a turquoise horse blanket for "our" South West horse, and it turned out beautifully. it is the perfect addition to our ranch and stable. I am appreciate all your hard work. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and Thank you, just made this for my granddaughter - she is receiving a horse for her doll for Christmas (used). Made a country Christmas pattern with shooting stars on the other side so it can be everyday - or Christmas all year.
    Bless you, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your pattern. I am a grandmother sewing for my granddaughters' AGDs and I have a little neighbor who also has an AGD. She lets me use her doll for measuring, modeling, and coming up with ideas. My neighbor gets whatever I make for my kiddos and she has a horse. Now I can surprise her with something unexpected! Thank you, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern and the instructions for the horse blanket. This is such a kind gesture! I am very thankful for you and others who are so willing to help others learn! Bless you for sharing your time and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free....sharing....amazing... thank you.
    I appreciate your work designing the pattern and adding clear directions and even photos.

    ReplyDelete