What you need
- Halloween colored fabric (7 1/4" x 43")
- black tulle (8 1/4" x 43")
- colorful fabric remnants for patches
- colorful thread (clashing colors with fabric remnants) for hand sewing
- double sided iron-on adhesive (Heat'n'Bond) for remnants
- 10" 1/4" elastic
See here how to make the broom.
How to make the skirt1. Take skirt fabric and sew a 1/4" hem on one long side (fold up 1/4" then again 1/4")
2. Cut a few irregular small shapes from colorful remnant fabric and iron patches on skirt fabric.
3. Hand-stich with uneven stitches around the border of the patches.
4. Lay black tulle on wrong side of skirt fabric, aligning with un-hemmed skirt fabric.
Tulle should stick past the hemmed skirt part.
5. Make a 1/2" hem as a casing for the elastic (fold up 1/4" then 1/2").
Make sure you fold up skirt fabric and tulle.
6. Insert elastic, pin both ends
7. Sew short fabric sides together, including elastic.
You are done !!!