Dimensions 7 1/2" x 5 1/2" x 1 1/4"
What you need
- Fabric (I used flannel) and matching thread
- quilters batting
- Sewing machine
How to make itDownload pattern here
Please use for home use only !!!
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
1. From fabric cut 2 pieces of the oval (floor) and 2 pieces of the sides
2. From quilters batting cut 1 oval piece and 1 side piece (if the batting is very thin, double it)
3. Take the two oval fabric pieces and the oval batting and layer it with the batting in between
(right sides of fabric should face outside).
4. Zigzag all around
5. Take the two fabric sides and face them right sides together. Sew along the top with a
1/4" seam (sew the side where the dip is)
6. Make small cuts along the dip (make sure you don't cut the thread)
7. Turn to right side and insert side batting
8. Zigzag along the bottom but leave the last 2" on either side
9. On your oval mark your middle front and back
10. Align dip on side with front middle on oval and pin all around
11. Sew with 1/4" seam allowance, start 2" from end and stop 2" from other end
12. Open side and sew seams on sides together (make sure it fits around the rest of the oval)
13. Finish sewing side to bottom
14. Turn inside out and you are done !!!
You could add a pillow by cutting 2 more oval pattern parts and stuffing them with batting.